Lace shorts are sometimes difficult to wear because they can be quite formal, although they can be dressed down. I’m going to speak about dressing up lace shorts in this post.
So in the outfit below these navy blue lace shorts work well with this halter neck black top because it is lacy and delicate paired with the simplistic hatlter top.
The nude heels are perfect as they are feminine and go with everything. The outfit is soft and sophisticated.
I have been nominated for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award by theshivasponder . This award is to be given to bloggers loyal to the theshivasponder. I want to thank Shiva for this award because he has been a loyal follower to my blog and a great encouragement.
The Award requires to tell five random fact about me
My favourite musicians are the one’s that tell stories about survival and aren’t just meaningless choruses.
I am not a product of my Circumstances. I am a product of my Decisions.
I would love to be a stylist one day.
I love finding reasons to grow and challenge my previous mindsets.
Interior design, fashion, and make up are things I am passionate about.
I have been so lucky to be nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by the amazing Julia.
This award is given to those who are great female bloggers who inspire others.
The way the nomination works is:
- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post.
- Answer the 10 questions given to you.
- Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers of their choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog
Here is my answer to Julia’s question: What do you love the most?
I would have to say that the things I love the most is when people respond with kindness to me. These past few days have been an incredible journey for me because I have started to surround myself with loving, kind, people who honestly embrace me for who I am. I am extremely grateful for those who are there for me. I have been given a second chance at life by moving out and by living in a different environment. I took some advice I received on my blog earlier saying I should dissociate myself from those who hurt me, and I have done just that.
I would like to thank all the amazing bloggers who have supported my blog. Everyone who has had something to say has really shaped my life and made me appreciate all the kindness those have to offer.
The things that I also love the most is helping people. I have a calling to work in a relief organisation/ human rights organisation, and that is why I am studying gender studies as I want to try make a difference in the world, and help those who cannot help themselves.
I have realised that after I have started surrounding myself with positivity my life has become more positive. It was hard for me to help myself because I realised sometimes the way forward is not the easiest one. I also realized when you lead on others, surprising, amazing things can happen, and I am grateful for all the motivation I have received from fellow bloggers as well as other people in my life who have been there for me.
1) What led you to start your blog?
2) Do you find that winning these awards creates a motivating feeling to keep blogging?
3) Do you enjoy the way that WordPress has a very open community?
4) Do you feel that there is an easy way to connect to other bloggers?
5) What is your favourite part of the WordPress platform?
6) What do you enjoy most about blogging?
7) Do you find blogging a way to empower yourself through expressing your thoughts and feelings?
8) Do you enjoy finding new ways to blog, think about things, and communicate with others?
9) Do you find your blog has taught you new things?
10) Lastly, do you find that there are a few bloggers that really brighten up your blogging experience?
Wow, this day just keeps getting better and better! I just got nominated twice in one day for two different awards by two different amazing bloggers. It is such an honour to be liked so much that people want to award me for my writing. This really is so great because for so long I didn’t really know if people were interested in what I am writing. Now I feel so motivated, and so happy to keep writing.
Thank you Confusedandcrazilycurious I was so happy when you sent me a sweet message saying you were nominating me for this award. Really has put a smile on my face that I cannot get rid of.
My main goal when writing is to be able to provide a writing experience that everyone can relate to. I try to make my writing as close to what I want to say. I don’t like beating around the bush, but I do like to describe things with relation to the latest fashions.
I have been so full of inspiration, have so much to write about especially in regard to two fashion items that have been in my thoughts lately…
Archana235 here are seven facts about myself
1) I am an avid book reader, and I love reading children’s books. I would love to write books for children.
2) I love the supernatural. Always find it super interesting to imagine there is life after death.
3) Second to my love of fashion is psychology.
4) I major in gender studies and journalism.
5) My dream job is to be a fashion journalist, author or an activist for a human right’s organisation.
6) I have terrible allergies but I have many pets nonetheless.
7) I am easily distracted.
Now as the award goes I am meant to nominate people who are extremely creative in their writing.
As you can see most of these blogs are either related to food or photography, well I guess creativity is very evident in these blogs and they are very inspiring for me to read.
Hope you all have a great day x
Opening up my WordPress today I see Udayology and Nooryak has nominated me for the Liebster award. Thank you so much! Your blog is great and I gain so much inspiration from you. This really is amazing because I try really hard to create a consistent theme linked to my personal thoughts and desires.
This award states you must nominate 10 people who you think are deserving of this award so here we go. I have really taken the time to nominate people who have impacted the way I think, or how I feel about blogging, my life, and different thoughts. All of you have really made this past month with Writing101 so amazing, exciting, and thought provoking. I hope to continue commenting on your blog posts, and enjoying what you all have to write. I have nominated 10 blogs for this award:
8) Word Shamble
10) Maria Holm
QUESTIONS FROM Udayology
1) Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog because I have tried to make successful blog posts on Tumblr but there is not much interest in non-picture blogs. Therefore I chose WordPress as a platform to express myself and hopefully get a good readership.
2) Who Inspires You?
People who are forward-thinking, people who stand for equal rights, feminists, my gender studies professors, everyday people who encourage me and validate my opinions and feelings. That is why I have nominated these 10 people, as they inspire me.
3) Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
I want to emigrate overseas with my boyfriend, it has been my plan since I was 10 years old. In 10 years’ time I want to have fulfilled that goal.
4) What book are you reading now?
I am reading an interesting book called Lost and Found which is a book I read a long time ago. It is about a girl who tries to have a second chance at life by working during the holidays to ensure she can afford living during the semester at college. It is a psychological thriller and it is very gripping because it shows the reader what secrets can harbour inside of you and how they can come back to haunt you.
5) What is your all-time favourite movie?
American Beauty. This book resonates so deeply within in me. It is about understanding that beauty is all around us and that we do not have to be afraid of the various ways in which we get overwhelmed by beauty.
6) If you could choose anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live, and why?
I would choose to live in Israel as it is a country that inspires me, and my boyfriend lives there at the moment. He is coming back shortly, and in a few years’ time we plan on emigrating there together.
7) Do you speak any foreign languages?
I speak Afrikaans, which is a language similar to Dutch and Flemish. It is a language primarily spoken in South Africa and Namibia.
8) Do you have any hidden talents?
I can rap really well, and not many people know that about me.
9) What career would you choose if you had a free choice?
To work for a human rights organisation, and to be an activist for gender equality, or gay rights etc.
10) What are your favourite types of music?
Not sure what the genres are as they are diverse but I love Coldplay, Depeche Mode, and Tame Impala.
11) What are your favourite types of food?
I love wraps, and I also love Simply Asia (South African Thai restaurant)
I have ten questions for my nominees and they are:
1) What would you say drives you to write your blog?
2) Would you say that blogging is a creative outlet for you to write down your thoughts and meet an online community?
3) What made you choose WordPress over some other platforms?
4) Have any of you got premium accounts, and what motivated you to get one?
5) Would you say that other bloggers influence your writing style and motivate to continue writing?
6) Are you going to be joining the next Blogging University course called Blogging 101; the follow-up of Writing 101.
7) Would you say that writing about things that are out of your comfort zone are good for discovering yourself?
8) What would you consider bad things to blog about, if there are any?
9) Do you think anyone can create a blog, or should they only start one when they have a niche in mind?
10) When does writing for your blog become a chore versus when it is fun and something to look forward to?
Here are the rules for Liebster award:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominating blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
Everyone loves a summer festival. Cape Town is known for its many summer parties and trance festivals, and people often ask me, what does one wear to a trance party? Here are some tips on how to plan an outfit for a trance party.
Cape town Nights
Everyone knows the summer Cape Town nights do not get very cold, and when you are dancing you hardly feel the breeze. Baggy cardigans are great as they are very pretty and they give you a chilled look. Alternatively you can throw on a hoody as this will provide more warmth and you can still look cute.
Shown above is an outfit that one can wear to one of the many festivals. You want to look carefree and happy. The skater skirt creates a flirty vibe, yet you still look summery and fashionable.
HOLLA! CROP TOPS
Crop tops are also a great addition to trance parties. With high-wasited shorts or skirts you can choose the amount of skin you wish to show. Patterned crop tops, or tie dye crop tops work well, as trance party goers love tie dye patterns. Crop tops are basically a necessity in the mid-summer heat. Buy a few so you can alternate.
Everyone loves a loose, flowing tank top. One that sways to the rhythm of the music. Tank tops are great for when the summer is either beginning or ending, as they provide more warmth than a crop top and they can be worn with more types of pants or skirts.
Lace, lace, lace. This trend is fast-becoming a fashion staple, and with lace shorts, jerseys, skirts and tops, there is no limit to lace. White or black lace shorts look very cute, and girls wear them all around the university campus.
A small sling bag is essential to having a good night. A small bag is essential as it light weight and does not cause shoulder pain. That is a killer, it makes any seasoned partier want to go home. An alternative to a sling bag is the little faux leather backpacks everyone is wearing around campus. These are comfortable, chic, and they are light and carry everything you need.
Jewellery choices are important as you don’t want to lose whatever it is that you are wearing. Instead wear a chain that is secured to your neck or a fitted bracelet.
FLOWER CROWNS – A MUST HAVE
Flower crowns are very popular at the moment, and make you look feminine. They come in many variations and most clothing shops sell them.
Sneakers are the ultimate trance party stompers, and they are comfortable and will not give you blisters.
Avoid high-heels, intricate sandals, and tight ballet flats. You will be wearing them non-stop, and it will be painful to wear shoes that cause you pain.
The most important thing at a trance party is to be comfortable in what you are wearing, have fun, and feel great!