Opening up my WordPress today I see Udayology and Nooryak has nominated me for the Liebster award. Thank you so much! Your blog is great and I gain so much inspiration from you. This really is amazing because I try really hard to create a consistent theme linked to my personal thoughts and desires.
This award states you must nominate 10 people who you think are deserving of this award so here we go. I have really taken the time to nominate people who have impacted the way I think, or how I feel about blogging, my life, and different thoughts. All of you have really made this past month with Writing101 so amazing, exciting, and thought provoking. I hope to continue commenting on your blog posts, and enjoying what you all have to write. I have nominated 10 blogs for this award:
1) Random Ravings Down Under
2) Eleanore’s Ramblings
5) Crazy Grad Mama
6) Perspectives on…
7) I was Just Thinking
8) Word Shamble
9) Homemade Naturally
10) Maria Holm
QUESTIONS FROM Udayology
1) Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog because I have tried to make successful blog posts on Tumblr but there is not much interest in non-picture blogs. Therefore I chose WordPress as a platform to express myself and hopefully get a good readership.
2) Who Inspires You?
People who are forward-thinking, people who stand for equal rights, feminists, my gender studies professors, everyday people who encourage me and validate my opinions and feelings. That is why I have nominated these 10 people, as they inspire me.
3) Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
I want to emigrate overseas with my boyfriend, it has been my plan since I was 10 years old. In 10 years’ time I want to have fulfilled that goal.
4) What book are you reading now?
I am reading an interesting book called Lost and Found which is a book I read a long time ago. It is about a girl who tries to have a second chance at life by working during the holidays to ensure she can afford living during the semester at college. It is a psychological thriller and it is very gripping because it shows the reader what secrets can harbour inside of you and how they can come back to haunt you.
5) What is your all-time favourite movie?
American Beauty. This book resonates so deeply within in me. It is about understanding that beauty is all around us and that we do not have to be afraid of the various ways in which we get overwhelmed by beauty.
6) If you could choose anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live, and why?
I would choose to live in Israel as it is a country that inspires me, and my boyfriend lives there at the moment. He is coming back shortly, and in a few years’ time we plan on emigrating there together.
7) Do you speak any foreign languages?
I speak Afrikaans, which is a language similar to Dutch and Flemish. It is a language primarily spoken in South Africa and Namibia.
8) Do you have any hidden talents?
I can rap really well, and not many people know that about me.
9) What career would you choose if you had a free choice?
To work for a human rights organisation, and to be an activist for gender equality, or gay rights etc.
10) What are your favourite types of music?
Not sure what the genres are as they are diverse but I love Coldplay, Depeche Mode, and Tame Impala.
11) What are your favourite types of food?
I love wraps, and I also love Simply Asia (South African Thai restaurant)
I have ten questions for my nominees and they are:
1) What would you say drives you to write your blog?
2) Would you say that blogging is a creative outlet for you to write down your thoughts and meet an online community?
3) What made you choose WordPress over some other platforms?
4) Have any of you got premium accounts, and what motivated you to get one?
5) Would you say that other bloggers influence your writing style and motivate to continue writing?
6) Are you going to be joining the next Blogging University course called Blogging 101; the follow-up of Writing 101.
7) Would you say that writing about things that are out of your comfort zone are good for discovering yourself?
8) What would you consider bad things to blog about, if there are any?
9) Do you think anyone can create a blog, or should they only start one when they have a niche in mind?
10) When does writing for your blog become a chore versus when it is fun and something to look forward to?
Here are the rules for Liebster award:
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominating blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post